Lord Teach Us How To Live
Psa 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word.
Psa 119:67 Before you punished me, I used to go wrong, but now I obey your word.
Every born again believer must learn how to live a righteous life in Christ Jesus; we were created just for that purpose to bring Him glory. In learning, we must go through some affliction that we might know what it’s like to conform to the Will of God.
King David was one of God’s beloved and he knew how to express himself to God in ways that moved heaven, but even David had to learn to live a righteous life. God had to teach David a lesson through affliction because otherwise David thought he was right in His own eyes.
Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept Thy Word.
The fruits of sanctified affliction
1. Your afflictions, if sanctified, will lead you to searching’s of heart. Many sins, long forgotten, are now recalled to remembrance. Then, retiring, into the secret recesses of the spirit, where latent evils are concealed, you view yourselves in a true light, and form the right estimate of your characters.
2. Will dispose you to justify God even under the most trying dispensations. When you reflect on all that God hath done for you, and on your own sinfulness and ingratitude, you will perceive abundant cause to condemn yourselves, and to justify God.
3. Will greatly enhance your estimate of Christ and His salvation. In all His offices, characters, and relations He is most precious to you.
4. Will lead you to a more perfect understanding of the Scriptures.
5. Will work in you patience and submission to the Divine will. “Tribulation worketh patience.”
6. Will enhance a spirit of sympathy with others similarly situated.
7. Will enable you to form a correct estimate of the things of the world.
8. Will induce in you a more unreserved consecration to the service of Christ.
9. Will excite in you more ardent desires for that glorious condition of existence where sorrow will be unknown.
If you are in affliction, don’t be in despair learn to live a Righteous Life!